Subterranean Termite Control Services Singapore
Termites are small, soft bodied, usually pale colored insects that feed on wood or other vegetable materials. Many species cause considerable damage to buildings, furniture, fence posts and other cellulose based material resulting in billions of dollars in damages worldwide yearly.
Infested timbers are hollowed out and may endanger lives when the building foundations and beams that are made of wood eventually collapsed. Termites are social with caste differentiation. They may consist of the queen, supplementary reproductive, soldiers and workers depending on species. The worker termites are small, pale colored insects and they do the main work of the colony; feeding & constructing galleries. They are the largest in numbers and are the main cause of the damage to our properties.
There are over 2000 species of termites in the world; however the two main types of resulting in damages to our properties in Singapore are Drywood Termites & Subterranean Termites.
Subterranean Termites are one of the most damaging pests in Singapore or in the world. It causes millions of dollars of repair to timber structures and furniture. This is because they feed on cellulose found in timber and wood based product.The common Subterranean Termites found in Singapore:
- Coptotermes species ( Mostly found indoor and trees )
- Macrotermes species ( Garden termites mostly found in trees )
- Visual inspection to potential infestation sites
- Treatment of infested sites with Ceptiva dust with follow up 2 weeks later
- Treatment of infested site with Xterm above ground baiting station with 4 follow up (1st,2nd,4th & 6th week)
- Recommendation of sanitation and structural improvement for prevention of future pests infestation
*Remark : Should any active subterranean termites activities be detected in-between our routine services, you are advised, not to cause any disturbance to the infestation and to contact our office as soon as possible to make arrangement for our technicians to attend to the problem.