Cockroaches or roaches are an extremely successful group of insects and have undergone very little morphological changes through ages. There are more than 4500 species of cockroaches with the majority of them having no economic significance. They all have the same general appearance; body oval and flattened with three distinct body parts, head, thorax and abdomen.
Cockroaches regurgitate some of their partly digested food and often defecate while feeding thus causing contamination as their movement and feeding habits bring them into contact with various pathogenic organisms. Thus, they are classified as vector as they carried diseases such as:
- Asthmatic attacks
Most roaches are drab brown to black to suit its nocturnal behaviour and habitats and predominantly tropical. They can be found in cracks, doorframes, bathroom & kitchen drains, etc and roams freely from buildings to building, from drains, sewers to human habitations. Being active at night and hiding in during the daytime, they often breed in unsanitary places such as drains, rubbish chutes and sewers, carrying filth and harmful bacteria on their bodies and guts resulting in spreading of diseases. Thus, their presence in commercial food establishment can often result in NEA suspending the owner’s license to operate their business.
Effective Cockroaches Treatment By ProServ Pest Control
- Initial pest infestation inspection
- Residual chemical spraying on areas of possible infestation or harborage
- Gel baiting to area not suitable for chemical spray
- Monthly fogging of bin chute (Condo only)
- Flushing of man hole (Optional for condo)
- Laying of glue boards
- Flushing out service (ULV Misting) for heavily infested areas
- Recommendation of sanitation methodology to minimize future re-infestation
Want to get rid of pestering cockroaches?